Envision Vibrant Communities
We envision vibrant, resilient, equitable communities where people feel connected to each other and enjoy shared assets that benefit all.
Safety, Stability, and Wealth
We envision communities that have sufficient resources allocated to affordable housing, childcare, healthcare, and other social services.
We believe these resources should create a safety net as well as opportunities for people to overcome systemic barriers to prosperity and build wealth and stability for themselves and future generations.
Genesis strives to:
- Ensure a safety net for people experiencing homelessness, substance use disorder, domestic violence, food insecurity, and poor access to healthcare;
- Provide supportive housing for people with persistent mental illness or intellectual, developmental, or physical disabilities that require ongoing supportive services;
- Increase the supply of affordable and high-quality homes, childcare centers, healthcare facilities, and other infrastructure that supports healthy and just communities;
- Create opportunities to build wealth, power, and control for people facing systemic barriers to opportunity and prosperity, including very rural and BIPOC communities; and
- Build vibrant, resilient, equitable urban and rural communities where people thrive.
“We need sufficient supplies of all types of housing in Maine, including affordable and supportive housing, to have robust, inclusive, communities where everyone can live and thrive.”